Every pregnant woman has experienced the pregnancy blahs. I can remember
feeling so big and unattractive throughout my two pregnancies, and secretly
wishing for the pregnancy to be over so that I could have my body back
and fit into my normal clothes. Itís sad to say, really, because pregnancy
is such a beautiful experience and the fact that you created this little
human being that is developing in your body should make you feel wonderful
through every step of the way.
Oh, but those pregnancy blahs kick in! Your stomach is growing, you
cannot fit into your normal clothes, you canít see your feet, you waddle
when you walk, your feet and legs are swollen, and other additional physical
changes make you feel, well, blah! Sometime during your pregnancy, you
may even start to feel bored with the pregnancy and/or feel depressed.
Yes, those raging hormones kick in too.
Here are some tips in helping to beat those pregnancy blahs:
1) Eat healthy and get plenty of rest. Choose healthy foods and ensure
that your intake is nutritious.
2) Exercise. Even a short walk in the outdoors will uplift your spirits.
3) Make yourself feel attractive by taking the time to groom yourself.
Do your hair and put on makeup. We all feel so confident and alive when
we look good.
4) Buy maternity outfits that will make you feel good. Donít buy just
because they fit you.
5) Ensure to include pretty accessories in your daily wardrobe such
as nice earrings or a pretty scarf. Most of us raid our spouseís closet
for clothes that we can wear throughout our pregnancy. Lovely accessories
even dress up your spouseís wardrobe.
6) If you start to feel bored with your pregnancy, choose an activity
that you will enjoy to help you through the boredom. Many woman will prepare
for the baby by going shopping or decorating the nursery. Other woman choose
a hobby such as gardening, preparing a scrapbook, writing in a pregnancy
7) Roughly 10 percent of women experience mild or moderate depression
during pregnancy. If you feel persistent depression or anxiety, seek professional
8) Spend quality time with your spouse. Go for a romantic dinner or
out to a movie. Enjoy this time because itís hard to find time after the
baby is born.
9) Take time out for yourself. Motherhood is just around the corner
so take this time to enjoy your independence.
Although it may seem like 9 months is taking forever, really, it goes
very quickly. Enjoy the wonderful experience of pregnancy each step of
the way. There will be a time in our lives when our children have grown
up and we wish to live the pregnancy experience all over again.
You can beat the pregnancy blahs! Feel good about being a woman and
feel good about bringing a wonderful new baby into the world.
About The Author
Written by Lee-Anne Robert, a mother of two young children and owner
of Cuddles 'n Gifts, http://www.cuddlesngifts.net.